Johnny goes to the library . . . .

My love of books began with a box of crayons. OH! how the black on white needed emphasis! I find my powers of research challenged as literature moves through the digital age. Graduate school presents new information for my enjoyment and consumption. READ ON!!!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: mind

thinking about it?

Sunday, February 11, 2007

LET ME POST THIS BEFORE THE GREAT COMPUTER COMES AFTER ME AGAIN

version 3.

For the third time I will attempt to make comments on Saturday' class, before computer crashes again, or cuts me off

The more I think I know, the less I know. I have spent a lifetime touring the world in 3-5 year spurts. Getting to know anybody on a personal basis is patchwork at best. Recently someone asked me about something, and I surprised myself with the response: " yeh totally, but you all speak English." With all of the nuances of the the English language- which I have heard many times as being one of the most difficult to learn-, I wonder why so much effort has been spent trying to identify perceived cognitive and communicative styles. - this has been going on for many years now-

I wonder who, or what group, developed this particular tool, and who it was geared to at the time of its creation, for what reason in particular. I would like to see a bio or group history on the creators.

This assessment agitated me from the getgo. I honestly could not complete it as requested- it was not assessing me, but some view of an alternate reality of the creator(s) for other purposes. I did it as such: for each option, for each question, I gave a 0-3 rating (nothing was relevant enough to receive a 5) based on my perceived value on the items' worth. I related each option to how such an option had served me in my life' experience. How the results might be observed by someone else, I know not, but here is the jist of it:

RESULTS: BOTH OPTIONS OF QUESTION 4 RECEIVED '3.'
4. Do you get along better with people who are: a. creative and speculative, or b. realistic and "down to earth"

No response merited a 4 or 5, all other responses ranged from 0-2

I dont think the life experience is best looked at from a literal view, but needs to be experienced to be appreciated. When concepts and ideas, such as those presented in the selfassessment, are taken to heart, or proven to be truly useful, and understood, and of value, then maybe a true assessment can be made.But the literal, such as this assessment, must not be perceived as the actual.

A mentor- one of the first chief information officers of the Chevrolet Motors Division- had a favorite quip, which he could be he

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home